Sunday, December 20, 2015

A little catch up..

 Let's start with Halloween..my kids were super excited that Michael and his family came down for the weekend. Sandra and her family also came up for trick or treating. 
Now to November...I realized that I was struggling to be happy in my life and with my marriage in November. I felt as if Jake and I were stepping apart instead of towards one another. I mentioned to him how I felt and he thought I was being ridiculous. So after thanksgiving (which was wonderful because all my siblings and I were together at my parents in almost two years...I LOVED it), in early December I brought it back up and we talked for hours about it one night. I told him that there were times I regretted coming to work in same district and grade level as him because I felt it was in ways dividing us. I felt he didn't look at me the same, we didn't talk as much, and actions (such as my forehead kisses or dancing in the kitchen) were dissipating. He said there were times too that he regretted the job choice and we both thought we wanted to work together. He felt that he couldn't support his team or help others in fear I'd become a mad woman (this stems from in August), etc. It wa hard for me to want to continue to try but yet I knew I loved him and do love him. A few weeks later, I feel it is a better and will continue to work at it. He makes me better and I want to help him become better too. This past week, we both left work an hour early on Monday and took the day off Tuesday and headed to Nashville to watch the Forgotten Carols but had to be back in time Tuesday (12/15) for Ginny's band concert. She did a great job! The week before was Aubree's choir concert and she rocked that too! Each night we have tried to piece our home together after they finish a room of flooring. It looks beautiful and we feel like we are making it out home. 



No comments: