Sunday, December 20, 2015

Happy birthday Renee'

Yesterday was my birthday and what an unexpected birthday it was. I have been loosing my voice for a couple of days and decided to go to the doctor. The ward christmas breakfast also happened to be the same day, so we went a few minutes and then to the doctor. Jake and I were both diagnosed with strep throat and given meds. Jake has also had a headache for about two consecutive weeks now and believes it is sinus related. Later that evening, I realized as I was putting a spare key away that all of my rings had been stolen (I do not want to accuse people but we just finished the attic and got new flooring throughout the house, so I'm guessing it was one of them). Realizing they were gone made my heart a little sad, especially the promise ring Jake had bought me and his university of Utah class ring.  However, his wedding band, mamaw's wedding  band, my moms original wedding rings, and the star ring from parents are still tucked away nice and safe.  Last night as Jake and I were running to Lowes I mentioned my birthday had sucked- not that I wanted gifts (I just asked for the house to be cleaned) because of the events that unfolded. But a few minutes later, I realized I had a bad attitude and if had highlights from the day- people at the church breakfast had remembered my birthday, my family all (except James) wished me a happy birthday, my mother in law sent me a text to remember my birthday on my birthday during the day, and I was with the people I care most about. So although I am sick and been robbed, I still am blessed beyond measure. 
 

No comments: