Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Always in our heart

As many of you know, my Papaw recently passed away. This has been very hard on everybody in many ways. We may have emotional days, a longing for us to just wake up from a bad dream, or just a bad day. This isn't unnatural, in fact it is perfectly normal. I have been thinking about my Papaw lately and realized it is nothing to grieve over. I mean it is perfectly fine to miss him, but should we not  be happy for him? He is in a better, safer place, and isn't that better than him suffering? I know that I would rather him be painless, reunited with my great grandmother, Mamaw, and walking again instead of in pain. I mean sure we are all going to miss him, but he's happy know. He is home with our Heavenly Father. He is smiling, walking, and hugging, most likely. Most importantly he is free. To quote President Henry B. Eyring, " The priesthood power to bind families eternally is one of the greatest gifts of God. Every person who understands the plan of salvation longs for that lasting blessing." President Eyring says that families are together forever. So this isn't a goodbye forever just a see you later. Papaw will always be in our hearts and will always attend the things that we treasure most. I would write forever, but I have to attend to my homework. Just remember that, " Fam'lies can be together forever Through Heavenly Father's plan. I always want to be with my own family, And the Lord has shown me how I can. The Lord has shown me how I can," from the Children's Songbook on page 188. 
Love,
Aubree Farrell

No comments: