Monday, May 2, 2016

Today would've been his 85th!

Happy birthday Papaw! We ate dinner at one of my least favorite places today (Burger King) but it was a way to celebrate Papaws life because he loved it (he was convinced they had the best chicken sandwiches). What I would give to meet him at a Burger King now or a good buffet. It will become a new tradition in our family to keep his memory alive with our children to eat at Burger King annually on May 2nd unless it's a Sunday. Papaw spent his life cheering us on, now he has become a silent guardian and forever in our hearts. There are few greater men than this and we were blessed to call him our Papaw. We could not love him more and we always knew he loved us and our families.  I miss him everyday. He was the one person that I never questioned loved me (even when I ran a car into his garage...oops). How I remember spending Friday nights at his house and waking Saturday to cut the lawn, trips to the little country store for treats, my duck, and talking to him or Mamaw daily on the phone after school before she passed. My life was better because of them. I can only hope that I can radiate the type of love that never diminishes to others. Happiest of birthdays Papaw....I hope you and Mamaw are standing arm in arm looking down on us. I love you both!  


No comments: