Thursday, May 26, 2016

End of the School Year

Yippee, for another school year in the books. We were each blessed to remain healthy during the school year and the kids were blessed with great teachers. Each of us had our trials but were also blessed with great experiences as well. Ginny learned the value of choosing friends wisely and not allowing others to dictate her view of herself, although I am sure it effects her in some ways. She had some youth from church treat her with unkindness, which in itself is sad but even sadder when there are only two other young women her age. She developed a love of softball, made the middle school softball team, traveled to Ohio with the band, and made first chair in the band for flute. Aubree excelled in all her academic classes (was honored with the highest GPA in math, Science, and Social Studies) and was selected to participate in the district E-day for her grade level winning Maker Faire art category. Aubree had an opportunity to grow this year when she did not make the volleyball team this year. She was very sad. Jake is leaving second grade as a math whiz. His teacher regularly commends and encourages his math abilities. She has commented that he may be most outstanding in math over the entire grade level. Jake also loves science, which I am sure comes from his father; he collects rocks and observes the noises they make in glasses of water. He joined cub scouts this school year and has a growing love for baseball. He has finally learned to hit the ball. Christopher continues to work on speech and improve his articulation. He is aware of his struggles and gets frustrated about it on occasion. This year Chris played soccer and was introduced to t-ball. He loves to run and is attempting to ride his bike. I have spent hours trying to help him learn to ride the bike but he insists to tell me that he hates it. However, he has attempted a couple times the past week on his own. He is for sure the hardest one to teach but it goes to show that is does not matter how hard you try to help someone, if the desire is not there, it will not be as helpful as it could be. As for me, I survived my second year of teaching and my first year of teaching middle school. Overall, I have enjoyed teaching the same subject and grade level as Jake but it has had a few challenges. I hope that next year is better for both of us and we continue to teach the same grade and subject. I look forward to spending the summer with him and the kids, although I do not look forward to the potential idea of spending so much time in the car, I eagerly anticipate just being together. Jake and our four kids are my greatest love and joys in life.


No comments: