Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Ugh- trek

So tomorrow, Ginny and I venture off for trek. I am not thrilled at the idea of not showering at having the modern conveniences that are offered in my home.  I am over-seeing all the food and and am having to be creative in preparing in. We have asked parents to provide a letter for their child to read Friday evening but in the event that some youth do not have letters, I have typed up my testimony to share. I thought I would also put it here, so my children can look back on it or if something happens to me, they have it.

There are not many things in this life that I am certain of but I am certain of some of the eternal truths found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. From the center of my heart to the ends of my fingers, I know that God lives and knows us individually. Our Heavenly Father is aware of our needs.  I know that the gospel has been restored and that the men who are leading the church are inspired and directed by him who appointed them. I know that we have a living prophet today. The Book of Mormon and the Bible are both the word of God and can help us come to know our Savior better. I know that Jesus Christ lived, suffered, and died for each of us and if we were the only person it effected, that he would do it again…he loves us that much. Jesus is not some imaginary figure, he LIVES.
There are times when life is just plain hard or we face trials we may not be ready to endure but I know that we are not alone in them. As we are in the midst of a hard time, it is not easy to see the good and it may not be evident for some time but I know that we can receive strength from above and through others.  Often our prayers are answered through other people. The way for us to come to know the will of the Lord or gain a testimony of something is to just do it. Elder Richard G Scott once said: “I am not suggesting that all of life’s struggles will disappear as you do these things. We came to mortal life precisely to grow from trials and testing. Challenges help us become more like our Father in Heaven, and the Atonement of Jesus Christ makes it possible to endure those challenges. I testify that as we actively come unto him, we can endure every temptation, every heartache, every challenge we face.”, I believe that and know we can overcome. Do not want too long to come to know the Lord, you have so much to live for and so much good.  Serve one another and be kind.  It has been said, “come what may and love it”, this is your time. Embrace it and come to know Heavenly Father more.  He hears you and loves you.
Take this opportunity as you are away from modern day luxuries to count your blessings and contemplate on all that God has done for you and will continue to do. There is so much to live for and look forward to in your life, live for those blessings and expect them. Let the Sprit be your companion and guide.  Do not ever doubt God’s love for you. He needs you to help in his great work—go forward with faith and never be afraid to ask.

No comments: