Thursday, June 8, 2017

Girls Camp

Day one:
This week I am privileged to be able to attend girls camp with my girls.  Now, camping is not something I enjoy because it is hot, there are mosquitoes, and restrooms are not a room away but I plan to survive.  With that said, it has only been day one…and I get to sleep on the porch. Sleeping should not be too much of an issue because I can sleep almost anywhere it is the heat and bugs that are the issue.  Since I am a stake leader, I have very little assigned to me so I wander between activities trying to interact with the girls and keep myself busy or I visit with my mom on her free time.  It is my hope to build relationships with the girls but especially my girls.
Day two:
Keeping cool last night was not a problem, I was actually cold.  We had a little rain shower move through yesterday making things cool off and calling for a high today of only 78.  In my lack of preparation, I only brought a sheet to cover up with and that was a mistake because it was 50 degrees last night and I was on a screened in porch, so I woke up several times trying to find a way to keep myself warm.  I was telling the girls that back in the day when I attended girls camp, we slept in tents on sleeping bags and not air-conditioned cabins with beds. The girls had their first little bit of drama and I had to use my stern voice which makes me feel bad because I want it to be enjoyable for them.  Today as I sat and thought, I was taken back by how much I care about each of them, even in other wards. I really want what is best for them. 



No comments: