Sunday, June 25, 2017

Trek survival

We (Ginny and I) survived trek a couple weeks ago. I can honestly say that it was miserably enjoyable.  I do not enjoy being hot and I do not enjoy bugs and both were present.  Monday- Wednesday before trek, we had Sandra's three kids so I  felt like I did not get rest in between girls camp and trek but that is fine. Thursday and Friday evening, I was very nauseous, probably from being so hot.  Since I was a stake leader and the person over food, I stayed at base camp Thursday night and did not sleep well. I was awoken by my own smell from sweating. There were no showers or way to bathe.  Friday was very hot too and I do not think my hair was dry for two days straight (once again from sweating). We were fortunate enough Thursday during registration to get a little rain and it did cool things down some. On Friday, everywhere around us was getting severe storms and we did not get any but a little rain at one point. It was neat to look at the radar and see all the red around us on the radar but where our little "X" was for location, it was clear. Could it have been a tender mercy from above?  Friday evening after dinner, I decided that I wanted to head home to shower and sleep in my bed. Most if the stake and support staff was going home at night, except for the medical couple and one other person, so I decided to too and I felt so nauseous.  It was worth leaving my house by 5:00 am to get back to get breakfast served for a shower and air conditioning...I am glad that I live in the era that I live in, I need modern advances. I did enjoy being with the youth and decided that I want to teach my babes to actively seek for opportunities to feel the spirit.  With all the that goes in the world, why not seek out the good and uplifting things. It was also neat to watch Ginny so upbeat and smiling while she persevered. 








No comments: