Monday, August 21, 2017

Solar eclipse (8/21/17)

  Jake had some family members (parents, Chris's family, and Sarah's family) decide to come up to the total solar eclipse. It was 94% in Shelby County, so decided to go to totality. We drove up to our neighbor's lake house and Sandra's Sunday to spend the night and headed to Dover TN to watch the full eclipse at Ft. Donelson National Battlefield. It was truly spectacular and amazing to witness. Literally in a matter of 4 minutes it went from daylight to dark (see photos) and yes, we really heard crickets, which we thought was a myth.  Jake and I took the day off work, although Ginny had started a petition to try to school cancelled. After witnessing the full eclipse, it makes me a little sad that Bartlett did not call school for an inclement weather day. School started back the first week of August and thus far, I have very much enjoyed having Jake there.  He makes me smile every day and I love that I can look around the corner during class exchange and see him. There is something about that man that makes me better. 



No comments: