Monday, January 1, 2018

Happy New Years 2018

I just realized that I did not wish Will a happy birthday, so that post is coming tomorrow when he is awake. We left Odessa on 12/28 that evening and headed for Abilene to spend the evening with Tommie and his family. In Abilene we enjoyed playing games with Tommie's family and pizza.  The next morning (Friday) we began our trek home. Jake was not feeling so I was privileged to drive the majority of the way.  Saturday we took down our Christmas decorations and I prepared for the dance that evening.  As I headed to Sams, Charity had sent a text that she was sad, so I swung by her place and made her and the kids come with me. It was good to get her out of the house. Jake was kind enough to come and cook chicken tenders and french fries in the turkey fryer for me.  New Years eve fell on Sunday this year. Our Sunday school lesson opened with us being asked to write down five things that we want to accomplish in life.  The five things I listed were: become forgiving and patient, unselfishness, gratitude developed for myself and helping my children develop gratitude, debt free, and to know Christ and help my children know Christ. There are times in my life where I feel that each of those are a weakness in my life and I desire to be better  Jake did not feel well so I took the kids to church alone and later that evening we spent most of the evening at Charity's. Most of the evening at Charity's was quite enjoyable, loud but enjoyable. Sandra's family, mom, and Becky were also there.  As we played a couple games, I felt a little sad that Jake was not there and my mind turned to how alone and sad Charity must feel often that Robert is no longer there and how she must miss companionship.  Today dad drove up and we had our good luck lunch here at my place. Mom cooked most of it consisting of: fried chicken, homemade buttermilk cornbread (possibly the best I have ever tasted), black eyed peas, very peppery cabbage, cheesy potatoes, and chicken flavored noodles. It was a tasty meal.















No comments: