Saturday, January 13, 2018

January Snow Day

Will was able to enjoy a lunch and couple hours shopping with his Nana and myself to celebrate his birthday. He chose Italian for lunch. It was nice to have just some time with him because it seldom happens.  Last week, our dear prophet, Thomas S Monson, passed away. He was a man that spent his life an example of service from what I can tell, although I did not know him personally.  There is a peace that comes from knowing the church will not falter yet continue to go on. If history carries on, Russel M Nelson should by sustained as the next prophet. Yesterday the funeral was broadcasted and we would usually be in school but we had a snow day.  Roads were covered with ice and it has not risen about freezing today but the sun did come out and melt a little of it.  My mind has been weighed down the past few days trying to think of ways to serve my sisters or to brighten their days.  Charity has been a little discouraged but believes it is partially pregnancy hormones and the time of the year. Mom was up Thursday evening, so we went to dinner for Charity's birthday.  Mom, Charity, and Beck's meal was each $50 + but I managed to just spend $13, some of that may be accredited to the fact that I was not very sure of what the menu items were and another part that I can not justify spending that much on a meal. Sandra seems to have a lot going on with Brent's back not in good shape. Causing her to not have much patience with Charity getting help right now because she wants it too.  I imagine it is difficult and know how it feels to have a husband there but unable to do much due to health issues. But at the same time at least she has a husband and does not have to worry about working too and securing child care.  How I wish I could just help them all and ease the burdens.  I have find joy in seeing others happy.










No comments: