Monday, December 24, 2018

Merry Christmas from our family to yours!

May your days be merry and bright... Merry Christmas from our family to yours!
       This year has been busy for our family and very good. In January, I made a goal to be on social media less and spend more time with my crew, so I will give a brief update of our year. Jake and I celebrated seventeen years of marital bliss and both went back to school to better ourselves. We absolutely love working together! Jake still has a passion for teaching and has been playing a little with learning to day trade. I am not certain what I am doing- but I know I am busy.
          Ginny is a Junior this year (oh my stars!), enrolled in all AP classes, and starting driving in March, which frightens me daily and has doubled our transportation costs. She remains quick to forgive as we are still learning daily to be parents. Ginny has picked playing the piano back up and I love to hear her play. It makes me sad to think in a couple of years, she will leave home. She loves flamingos and dinosaurs right now...a weird combination.
        Aubree ventured on her high school career this year and is a Freshman. It blows me away to think I have two in high school. Aubree is taking all honors courses too and manages to keep a high A in them. She was able to start attending dances this year too but was a little apprehensive. She loves theater, everything about it, from attending productions to be being a part of them. I admire her courage that she auditions with the best of them, not only at school, but in the community and even though she hasn't landed a role in either this year, she refuses to give up and perseveres. She is in the ensemble of "Pippen" at school this year. Aubree loves to bake, loves unicorns, and loves mermaids. Both she and Ginny have hearts to serve and show kindness.
       Will (a.k.a. Jake) is in his last year of elementary school this year. He is definitely the child that keeps me in my toes. He is very hyper active and is the one that tries my patience the most but one thing I have learned this year is he has a . tender heart. He looks for "the one" that is alone or needs a friend and is there. He stays by them and includes them, he teaches me to look for "the one" and to show kindness. Will loves math (and is in the top 99%), eating, baseball, Minecraft, and playing games with his dad.
       Christopher turned 8 this year and was baptized. He is 100% a mommy's boy and strives to say nice things to me and keep me happy. Christopher leaves little notes everywhere around the house that range from "Shhh..Christopher is sleeping" to "I love you, bald eagle" (he calls his dad a bald eagle). He still struggles with his speech but is so courageous. He does not let allow his speech deficient to define him nor does he allow it to exclude him. We practice his oral presentations at home and he volunteers to do them and even the school announcements. He gets so excited when he is about to score high in a board game. Christopher loves food, baseball, Minecraft, the Flash, and his mom.
       Our family is blessed exceedingly. Merry Christmas and may you find the time to remember the Savior and serve others.

No comments: