Sunday, December 23, 2018

The busiest time of the year...

Each day or week seems busy as a parent but there are definitely times that it seems more busy than others. December is definitely one of those times from preparing for the holidays to attending the kids Christmas programs, this year has proved no different.  Last week, it seems we had something every day, beginning with Sunday.  Sunday my sisters and Jake pulled off preparing a surprise birthday meal for me, it was nice.  I was unaware and offered to carry dinner to two families, so I came home from church and prepared that. Our three oldest participated in the Christmas program at church last Sunday and I was so touched watching them sing and moved by the Spirit.  We had plumbing issues arise last week, so Jake tended those one day after school and I attended the boys choir concert.  Jake somehow managed to arrange for us to eat out on my birthday with a few of our co-workers before pack meeting at church on Wednesday.  Will obtained his arrow light, so it was a big deal for him that we attend.  Jake unexpectedly flew out to meet his brother in Montana after school on Friday, the decision was made in less than twenty minutes, and he booked a ticket and was packed within five minutes.  It was one of those situations where he needed to be there for his brother, if only in presence.  He flew back in Saturday evening (it was literally $3000 that was spent unexpectedly but there are some situations where money can not factor into and you just do it). Driving home from the airport getting Jake Saturday night, Ginny called in tears.  After calming her down, she explained that she had a fender bender pulling out of the driveway. She was driving my car and hit her car with the front passenger side of my car as she was backing out.  It has left a nice dent in my car and while they were trying to wipe off the black, they peeled some of the paint.  I am certain it will be at least $1000 deductible for my car and uncertain for hers.  This weekend has unexpectedly costs us $5000 and the though of trying to figure out finances to cover it caused a little uneasiness in rest last night.  However, I know that in the scheme of things, the money is a minor thing as is her accident.  Amongst all the hustle and bustle this season, I have felt overwhelming gratitude for this little family of mine and the times we spend together.  I love that we play Ticket to Ride (a board game) together and decorate cookies, which is a new thing, and stresses me out some in moment leading up to it, but I love it!





























No comments: