Sunday, April 14, 2019

St. Louis Trip

Pippen is over and Aubree did a phenomenal job. However, the daily practices coming to an end are nice.  She was also inducted into Beta Club this past week too.  Jake and I were given the opportunity to go to St. Louis for NSTA Conference for a few days. We were awarded scholarships so did not have to pay for the conference but travel and accommodations. We decided to attend the temple as well and it seems that evening that a collaboration of things tried to prevent it from the kids fighting (we spent 30 minutes on the phone with them trying to settle things down) to traffic to arriving late for the session, so we did sealings for about 30-40 minutes and caught a later session. Although there was not much that I remembered about the St. Louis temple interior, memories from our wedding day flooded back.  As we pulled up, in my head I saw Jake coming out of the temple door as he did on our wedding day and felt the same comfort this week as I did then (I had left the temple a couple times on our wedding day because I was so nervous).  Besides the one rough patch Wednesday evening, the girls did a phenomenal job holding down the fort here (mom spent the night each night) and Ginny was so responsible.  Our little short trip (Tuesday evening through Friday afternoon) was a packed with classes but also some tender moments with my husband, such as the temple and walking down the streets holding hands. 















 


No comments: