Sunday, July 14, 2019

Happy Sunday

After arriving home from youth conference on Friday evening, Jake and I dropped the girls and luggage off at the house and went to the temple. On the short drive to the temple and home, we briefly reflected on youth conference. Jake said he felt that he received much revelation, almost like a 2nd patriarchal blessing. The last night of the conference he said he had a wrestle with God and although he felt undeserving of his love, he felt Heavenly Father wrestling with him to let him know of His love.  We left Saturday morning for Houston. Jake originally wanted to leave on Sunday but decided to leave Saturday due to the weather forecast and to avoid driving on Sunday (which I have wanted to do for years).  As I was driving (Jake and my girls were sleeping), I reflected on how I could feel the same peace and love more regularly in my life. I have every intention to do and be better. I want to have the heart as Emily Belle Freeman and her husband to see an unstable person or a person that others feel are hard to love, take them in, and love them.  She is the mom of Garrett Bolles (some famous football player that was kicked out of his home and they took them in).  What courage her husband had to pull over when he saw him on the street (they had lived in the same neighborhood and he was very aware of his issues with gangs and substance abuse) and call Emily to as about bringing him home. And what courage Emily had to allow him in her home with her other children.  The family pulled together to help him read and gain a testimony.  They nor he never gave up and now he is also a force for good in the world.  It was a touching story.  Now that I have been side tracked, I concluded that it was very much like a mission because you are immersed in gospel ideas and discussions most of the day.  The last night of youth conference, I felt Heavenly Father's love for me stronger than I have in quite sometime and I prayed more sincerely than I have in quite sometime. Maybe I needed a "kick in the butt", a conference that was meant for teenagers has changed the heart of a forty one year old gal. I packed my scriptures to bring to Texas (I do not recall the last time I brought a hard copy of the scriptures anywhere) and am so excited to see my boys Monday and share things with me and to convey God's love. 

No comments: