Friday, July 19, 2019

Summer Trip Part 2 or maybe even 3- South Padre Island, Texas

We are on our final trip for the summer. I feel like we have been gone more than we have been home and as exhausting as it is, it is also enjoyable.  We were reunited with our boys on Monday evening and boy was I glad. I felt so anxious to get to them and do not like not having my kids with me.  The kids have enjoyed swimming, the beach, and their cousins.  Jake and Will went deep see fishing and the snapper caught was cooked for dinner that night.  Aubree, Will, Christopher and Jake went bay side fishing with Chris's family as well and had an enjoyable time.  You can tell that the diversity among the cousins has changed and they are all becoming their own individuals. At one point yesterday, I wondered how much different Jake's life would be and my children's if he had married someone else...but I am so glad he chose me, we are truly happy most days.  Would he have more financial freedom to spend or do leisure things with? Would my kids be able to enjoy the same activities and lifestyles as their cousins on their dad side of the family?  Would all of them have a better relationship with this side of the family? Although I know it is not a competition and monetary items are of little importance, being frugal has it's challenges or budgeting to pay trips off can too. There can be great danger if the wonder becomes something to dwell on, so I just allowed it t become a thought in passing and reminded myself that we have a good life.  In the end, we do the best we can and are raising some pretty darn good kids!

















No comments: