Monday, April 13, 2020

Eggs and Scriptures

    So, I want to remember the things that we shared and hope to keep these in a safe place to add to over the years. In our eggs:
"I am going to not watch any shows by myself in order to dedicate more time to the Lord." --- Ginny
"I want to sacrifice my feeling and service unto Christ. I would like to serve my whole family and express my feelings. Smart Goals: Heal my knee, individual study, don't pee pants, room clean, get over constipation, kind & loving heart." --- Will
"My sacrifice: Seminary everyday instead of procrastinating it" ---Aubree
"I will give him everything he want even my delicious yummy croutons and you know I will never sacrifice croutons besides to the thee God, Heavenly Father. PS and games" --- Christopher
"Mom's finest for Christ, What can I sacrifice for Christ and what does his Sacrifice mean to me? The sacrifice of Christ gives me hope and redemption. It allows me to feel like I can doe something even when I feel all is lost. What I see as defeat can become my win/victory. I will try to sacrifice guilt when I feel I am not enough. I will do my best to persevere" ----Mom
The scriptures:
Christopher--- Mosiah 1:5 Summary: preserved by the hand of God to understand.
Ginny --- Mosiah 16:9 "He is the light and life of the world; yea a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."
Mom--- Jacob 6:4 "How merciful is our God unto us, for he remembereth the House of Israel.." "We are never Forgotten!"
Will---Mosiah 23:23 " For behold I will show unto you that they were brought into bondage, and none could deliver them but the Lord their God..." " We are Delivered"
Aubree--- Mosiah 2:31, Mosiah 3: 9-11 " For behold, and also his blood atoneth for the sins of those who have fallen by transgression of Adam, who have died not knowing the will of God..."

        As I read these this morning to record as my family was all still asleep, my heart was edified and softened. I saw something more in each of my children and what they can teach me. How forever blessed am I that they are mine!
While it may be simple and not beautiful to the eyes, it is gorgeous to me.


No comments: