Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Up to day 46

          I feel fortunate and blessed to be alive during this pandemic. It has forced my crew to slow down and be together (some days are easier than others). A little over a week ago I was feeling sad for my kids (including Ginny and all the senior “rights”, activities, and mess) and then for myself missing out as a parent on those things for a child. However Jake reminded me he prefers the “alternative” because we are getting all this extra time with her before she leaves home. So this week, I have focused on the good- I may be missing senior things (she is officially done with high school as of last week, if corona would’ve paid a visit), Aubree’s role in HairSpray, baseball with my boys, end of year school year activities, Easter dinner with my crazy family, etc....I am glad to be “cooped up” with my crazy crew. I love movie nights, bike rides, four-square, board games, spades, trying new recipes, family prayer and scripture (like daily), home church, and just sitting outside with them, seeing all the good. Despite what is happening in our world, I am grateful to be a part of it and what it’s created in my little world. Here is a shout out to my kid that I posted on the "adopt a senior page" on social media: " Our daughter is Ginny, graduating this year from Bartlett High in the top
5% with a 4.4 GPA. When Ginny sets to do something, whether she wants to or not- she gives it her best and is 100% committed. Ginny looks for the “one”, the one that seems alone or needs a friend and reaches out to them. She has a servants heart and finds joy in others joy. She is one of the rare ones that will be remembered a lifetime for lifting others and helping them see their best too. Ginny scatters joy wherever she goes."

         Saturday (4/25/20), we drove to Jackson and cooked fish for my parents.  It got surprisingly cold but we still stayed outside most of the time to stay the appropriate distance from one another. Sunday we enjoyed church together as family and that afternoon had a drive by photo shoot. We decided to take one with real clothes and the remainder how we really spend the day in our lounge clothes.  We spent lots of time on the driveway and outside so we were just real. However no one bothered to tell me that my shirt was too tight...how embarrassing. Monday, Jake and I volunteered at the high school serving lunches to students.




















No comments: