Sunday, October 18, 2020

Our tithes

 So today as we had home church over 3 Nephi 20-26 and a part of it speaks of Malachi 3:10 ("Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.)", this week as I was studying Come Follow Me a new meaning about tithing and the windows of heaven stuck out to me in something I heard or read. I guess in my mind the windows of heaven opening was about our needs being met and we have been recipients of that when Jake was in school and somehow out bills were able to paid. But my new knowledge involves temples and temple work. It dawned on me those windows of heaven could be work done in temples (for the living and dead) that binds families forever and our tithes pay for temples. That’s the real window to heaven.






No comments: