Sunday, November 8, 2020

The latter part of Novemeber

 

    Aubree loves theatre so was excited to hear the school would do a play this year.  It was a radio to adhere social distancing guidelines and she was pleased to obtain a role.  Naturally, she did well.  Ginny exercised her privilege to vote this year. Some days, I still cannot believe is 18.

 

 







       After months of not being able to attend in person church, it was nice to return on 10/25.  It is a little awkward: only sacrament, no singing, all in masks and socially distanced but it was nice to be back.  I do miss home church too though and feel it was very beneficial. On Halloween, we hosted our first Halloween party in the cove. Although it was  small and social distanced we had an enjoyable time. Being a Saturday, daylight savings, temperature in the 70’s,  and a full moon, it made me a little sad that Covid dampened Halloween.  Many people did not participate in handing out candy nor trick or treating. I would venture to say we had less than a dozen small little groups. The families in the neighborhood that did hand out candy, many did so from a table at the end of their driveway or had pre-made baggies sat out for the children to pick up. After returning from walking with the boys and cousins’ trick or treating we sat around a fire pit in the cove and sipped hot chocolate.  Overall, despite Covid, it was a nice day.





          Aubree has now been in her 2nd car accident. Both happened over a 12-day period with the second one happening days after receiving the car back and possibly even the first time driving it since.  The first one happened October 15th) in a driveway as she was backing out and hit a tree.  The second one (10/27) was a little worse because another car was involved. She did measure her distance well and went to turn and another car hit her.  She was at fault and the other car totaled.  Both times, the minute she called, I knew as soon as I answered and heard her voice, she was involved in an accident.  On the 2nd one, I had literally picked up my phone to call to see where she was when it rang.  Somehow, I remained calm and not getting upset, realizing a tree and a car are just things and our little girl was okay. In the scheme of things, those things can be replaced, and the incident could have been much worse.

          Both of my brothers flew in this weekend for a few days, so we are celebrating Thanksgiving a little early with my side of the family.  Both are here less than 5 days so I want to visit as much as I could.  The kids and I drive to Jackson yesterday afternoon to spend a few hours.  It was one of the most pleasant trips.  Due to Covid, my family and I chose to stay outdoors the entire time but had a nice visit.  My heart was full just watching the kids play and hearing all the laughs. Sandra did not make it down yesterday but plans too today.  My heart was happy and the weather perfect, it made me miss living in the country some.  





 

No comments: