Thursday, December 10, 2020

Thanksgiving,Testomonies, and Wisdom Teeth

This year for Thanksgiving we went to Hot Spring Arkansas and met up with some of Jake's family.  Initially everyone was planning to attend but with Covid-19, plans changed. We did not go up as long as initially planned.  The day we left, we had to replace the battery so that added to the adventure but as a result, we decided not to take the cats because just the few minutes in the car trying to start it they were a hot mess.  We ended up leaving Tuesday afternoon and came home Friday afternoon.  Most of the time was spent outside so we could all be distanced. The weather cooperated great. 






 On Sunday December 6, 2020 was testimony meeting at church.  Our numbers are small in the branch but I very much enjoyed listening to the testimonies of Jake and my children.  This past Sunday Jake bore testimony of the Book of Mormon being a book of miracles, Aubree bore testimony of the Savior's character and referenced a scripture she loved in 3 Nephi 19 that talks about the Savior smiling, and Christopher bore testimony of asking for help.  He wrote his testimony on paper before going up, it stated: "I was having a big challenge. I was learning to ride a bike and every single time I fell but this is when my family stepped in. My sister here (Aubree) gave me hope. My brother helped me balance and gave me courage. mt dad was like a teacher. My mom gave me love and faith. My sister that is not here (Ginny) gave me courage. All of this reminded me of our Savior. After all you do it will be easy for you. So if you need help, all you have to do is ask." Simplicity but beautiful.  After church Sunday, we drove to my parents for a visit. That was nice too.

 

Playing on the hay bells
 

On Tuesday I received a call from the doctor wanting to see Aubree again for labs, her blood work for liver functions came back abnormal so they wanted to re-draw.  I was off today already to take Ginny to the dentist to get her wisdom teeth pulled, so I took her in.  Ginny was a hot mess with her teeth.  Afterwards, she was convinced they took her tongue and sold it or gave it to a homeless man. She also thought I was kidnapping her and as her dad was helping her in the back, she cried hysterically more that he was "holding her back".  She cried about everything.  She seems to be a little better tonight.  It also just so happens Jake called into work sick today as he left yesterday (Wednesday) early not feeling well.  I felt that there was a lot happening in my world today.



No comments: