Sunday, October 10, 2021

Say what?!....Bishop Farrell

 

Today Jake and I attended the funeral for a co-worker. Listening to the preacher makes me so sad for people who do not understand the gospel. While I know he is doing his best to provide comfort to the loved ones (and he very well may be), my heart is full of gratitude that I know more. I just want to stand and correct him and run to our co-worker and profess that death and sin have already been overcome and their mother lives.

On a different note, Jake was called as bishop today for the Bartlett 2nd Ward. He is the man called by the Lord to serve in that capacity right now. We were fortunate that my parents were able to come up (although they and the boys were not told what was happening - you should have seen Will's face!) and Jake's dad and brother's were here because they leave on the boys trip to tour civil war sites in the morning.  President Scot Canfield offered him a beautiful blessing as he set him apart (although many parts I could not hear).  Some of the things I did here after all the rights of a bishop were bestowed him were as follows:  Heavenly Father appreciates you, loves you, and has a respect for you. You honor your priesthood and family. Heavenly Father loves your charity. Jake was blessed with personal revelation, the ability to peer into hearts and minds of others,  and offer blessings of Heavenly Father.  He gives you better understanding, blessings, and  blessed him to be an example for others. Jake was blessed with health, strength, comfort, and the things of the world not enter our home. 
October 5, 2021

Musical with Aubree

October 10. 2021


Father and Son matching bolos- gearing up for the boys trip

Tommie (Papa), Chris, Jake, and TW Farrell October 10, 2021


No comments: