Thursday, February 8, 2024

Dad’s finger

 Tuesday evening dad called to let us know he got his finger caught between a compressor grate and his tractor mast. He went to an urgent care and they sent him to the emergency room. Mom was out of town, so I headed down to meet him at the ER. He was so busy being friendly he had missed the two times they called his name. When we were finally called back, they had him soak his hand in a solution, took a few pictures, and called hand doctor. The decision was made to to put 2 stitches in, wrap it, and see hand doctor the next day. I decided to spend the night and take him to doctor next day. 


We went to lunch and doctor the next day. He (doctor) was amazed it was still alive because could not see where blood flow come be coming from. They decided to see if it would live by removing stitches and wrapping it. The body is a miraculous thing. I was concerned about dad trying to clean and wrap it alone so suggested maybe his sister coming the next day to help. He was persist he didn’t need help and told me something to the effect “you do you and I’ll do me”. I chuckle thinking about it. 

No comments: