Sunday, February 11, 2024

Salem the fat cat

Argh, those are my words.  We have four cats (that I thought would be dead by now) and I had the chance to make it 3 this week.  Will and I noticed some drops of blood Thursday evening in the office as we were cleaning some.  Later that evening, I realized it was coming from Salem and about 9:30pm after Jake was home from bishoping and calls, I told him I thought something was wrong with Salem.  Jake began to look up things online and called a vet. He was encouraged to bring him in. The initial ER visit and treatment were estimated to be $2700-$3500 max but we received a call the following morning stating he needed surgery, which would be an additional $3500-$4500 to remove the bladder stones causing the obstruction. Now, please know we already thought $2700-$3500 was too high for a cat but we know the love Aubree has for that cat, so we paid....needless to say we did the same for the surgery. In the past, I would say people were crazy to do those things and to just put them to sleep but we were in the situation....and it was not about the cat per say but our daughter's feelings, so we saved the cat. I have mixed feelings about it but here we are.  We did decide in the future, we will put the animal down if it arises again. That is a lot of money!

No comments: