Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lessons our children have taught us

Recently, we had stake conference. One of the speakers spoke about learning from your children. Jake and I were discussing it later that evening and he said he had learned the following from our children: From Ginny--OBEDIENCE, from Aubree--LOVE, and from Will--SERVICE. So, I elaborated but was all wrong. My thoughts were that Ginny is a mini-mom and can be a bit bossy, so we listen to her, Aubree is sometimes is pill and can be difficult, and Will requires us to do things for him because he is so young. However, after I elaborated, Jake corrected me on his thoughts. He believes that Ginny is very obedient, she does all she asked to do and usually does not complain about it. Aubree loves unconditionally and is concerned for others, and Will is always trying to help, although most of the time, he is in the way but we let him try. Boy was I off. We have been blessed greatly with out children. I love them..... I also told Jake that all those things, they must have learned from their mom.

2 comments:

Sandra and Brent said...

I think that they learned them from their aunt, me of course. They are cute and I agree with Ginny being obedient and Aubree loving unconditionally but I don't see Will being the service one.

Beke said...

Your kids are pretty great.