Saturday, January 2, 2016

Baptism Day and Papaw

The last few days have been some very emotional days for me. New Years Eve, I received a phone call that Papaw had suffered a stroke and was in ICU. Immediately, I left and went down for the 1:00 visitation with my sisters. He was stable but did not look like my Papaw at all. He was so bruised and fragile. Funny thing is that you believe your parents and invincible until the one day the are not. My Papaw means an incredibly great deal to me and I am so very close to him. I went down the next day as well (Friday). This morning, (January 2, 2016) I was awoken by a phone call about 6:30 that his scan was showing more fluid, swelling on the brain, and he was unresponsive. They also spoke about putting him on life support, without showering or anything, I hopped in the car and headed to Jackson. Michael, Sandra, and I arrived at the hospital about the same time. He woke up and spoke the best he could to us. His speech is still slurred but at least he woke up. I was not able to stay as long as I wanted and it was very difficult to leave but it was a big day for my boy. Jacob William was baptized this morning at 11:00. We were surrounded by family, yet I was a little sad still that my Papaw was not there but lying alone in a hospital bed. Michael, Grammy and Papa, Nana and Papa, Sandra and Brent, Chris and Crystal,and Sarah and David, had traveled down for it. Rebekah and Charity were also there. It was a beautiful service, a little different because some were in jeans (but I was 110% okay with that). Here is to hoping that Papaw knows and feels the love that we have for him and that he is not in pain. He is one of my heroes! My eldest son bears the name of some of the most dear to me: Jacob (after his father) William (after my dad and Papaw). I did not get any pictures but my dad snapped a couple, thank you dad. 


 Baptism of Jacob William Farrell January 2nd, 2016 Bartlett Second Ward, Memphis North Stake Presiding and Conducting…………………....Bishop Joey Hale Pianist………………………………………….Devin West Chorister………………………….……………Ginny Farrell (sister) Opening Hymn……………………………….. Baptism (children’s hymnal) Opening Prayer……………………………….. Rebekah Eaton (aunt) Talk on Baptism…………………………………Chris Farrell (uncle) Special Musical Number “A Child’s Prayer” by various family members Baptismal Ordinance for Jacob William Farrell Performed by Jacob L Farrell (father) Witnesses: John Eaton Rochelle (Papa) and Tommie Farrell (Papa) Interlude Video Special Musical Number “The Miracle” by Aubree Farrell Talk on the Holy Ghost……………………..……John Eaton Rochelle (Papa) Confirmation Ordinance for Jacob William Farrell Performed by Jacob L Farrell Welcoming Remarks……………………..……. Kate Wilson, Primary President Welcoming Remarks……………………………Bishop Joey Hale Closing Hymn……………………….………... I am a child of God (# 301) Closing Prayer…………………………………. Michael Eaton (uncle)

No comments: