Friday, June 14, 2019

Summer Trip Part 1

Our first summer venture is underway.  Jake had to have a root canal and it was more economic to buy a plane ticket for him to go to James to get it done, than to just have it done at home, so that is what we did.  His trip to Boise was short but enjoyable (he flew out Monday 6/10 and we picked him up Wednesday 6/12). The plan was for my to pick him in in Albuquerque, NM on Wednesday at 5:42 p.m. at the airport, so the kids and I left about 2:45 a.m. Wednesday June 12th.  I was very worried about Ginny and she was uncertain she was going to try to go until the 11th.  However, on the 11th, it was as if she work up better. Now I am not saying 100% better but she did not sleep all day nor ask for medicines all day and she walked around some.  She still does not have a voice and says it hurts to eat, yawn, or try to talk but she has made strides.  I wanted her as comfortable as possible on the trip, so about 2:20 a.m, I gave her liquid Tylenol PM and the boys melatonin. We were able to drive the furthest without stopping until we needed gas (almost 5 hours) and all my babies slept. Surprisingly, I was able to stay alert and we arrived to get Jake safe and sound.  The kids were GREAT.  After we got Jake, we ate dinner in Gallup NM, and then Jake drove the remaining three hours to meet Chris somewhere in Arizona. The kids and I were in the car over twenty hours but were champs.  The following day we visited and went to Bearizona.




No comments: