Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Birthday Reflection

I think it is safe to say that Ginny had a great little birthday.  She had over a dozen cards in the mail today and I know that many more are going to continue to come in this week.  She woke up to a delivery of flowers and had more throughout the day delivered today. My parents and Charity came up from Jackson and sang to her through the window. Stella, her best friend, and family stopped by and decorated the door and sang.  She also had many other visitors stop by throughout the day to drop off treats and to sing: Callie Martineu (dinosaur cookies and card), Sherri Nelson (new book and card), Kate Lyman (earrings, card, and randoms), Noah Orris (card and candy), Carly Garrett (burned cd's with songs that remind her of Ginny), Debbie Donald (flowers and candy), Candice Marshall (bread and girl scout cookies), Jason and Ellen Payne (cookies), Rebekah (Chick Fil fries and shake). She had several phone calls from folks too, even from people we rarely hear from. Ginny requested spaghetti and Alfredo for dinner with Italian cream sodas and my attempt at homemade breadsticks.  I hope that she felt loved and in the end knows that I made it as special as I could for her.  I told her it may be have been better to be "quarantined" because of all of the attention.  She was smiles most of the day and my heart was happy.

No comments: