Sunday, March 29, 2020

Finding my Purpose

We are now two weeks into our quarantine and although I feel like I have accomplished a lot of small things, I do not feel that I have accomplished many things.  We have planted a small garden, worked on the patio, played games, played outside, tried new recipes, and I have shown a few houses (not that I want to but I need to try to make a little money (we tend top spend more when not at work) but each time I go out, I fear bringing something back to a member of my family).  Today as we had "home church", which was soothing to my soul and I love doing, my mind pondered what my purpose is during this pandemic. Is there something I am suppose to be learn or teach my family or reach out to others about. What can I teach my children through all this,  what will my babies remember through this quarantine? Christopher seems to have questions about covid and what is happening in the world- how do I comfort him and help him turn to good. My mind has also turned to my students as well and I wonder if they are okay, what learning opportunities can I provide them to bring normalcy but not stress. I want to be a force for good, a helper, and someone who helps lift the burdens of others.




No comments: