Sunday, June 13, 2010

Christopher Wade Farrell


I am happy to say that we have added the newest addition to our family. He was born at 1:09 p.m on Friday, June 11th, 2010 (he waited until Friday to ensure mom and Sandra could be there). Delivery was probably my quickest thus far, although I have been having contractions for a week. We left for the hospital close to 5:00 a.m. and a friend came to sit with the kids until James could get them. I was dilated to a 4.5 on my own, when we arrived but stayed that way for a little while and was put on pitocin and that got me to a 7 in hours. Then mom, Sandra, and Jake were talking about the other rooms contractions closer than mine and the women progressing, (the monitor that measures my contractions, shows others as well). So, I rolled off my side and laid on my back, joking that I had to beat them, like I have control over that, but I went from a 7 to a 10 in quickly, I want to say within 15 minutes, so maybe being on back helped....doctor arrived, scrubbed up, and had me push on my 2nd contraction after she was there. He was born with 1 contraction and 3 pushes. Sandra was able to cut the cord. I feel truly blessed that not only was Jake in there but also mom and Sandra because they are such prominent people in the lives of my children.
After he was born, he had a tad trouble breathing, so was sent to NICU. But was never given oxygen or an IV. We were able to visit him up there but the girls could not...and they were so excited to see him. They spent most the day at James's house and mom and Sandra stayed with him that night at my house. Some days, I honestly do not know what I would do without them. The girls came up and had girl time with me for a few hours while we waited on Christopher to be brought to the room and we had a few visitors. They were ecstatic went he was brought in. Later that evening, Jake and Will came up while the girls went with Sandra, Nana, and Papa to Elle's dance recital and I had some time with my boys. Then we had a couple more visitors, including James and Kara.

The poor child did not have a name until the early hours of this morning. We knew it would be Christopher and the middle name would be Michael or Thomas. However, obviously that has changed. Yesterday, I asked Jake what Tommie's middle name was and it was a name that had crossed my mind earlier with Kammon and Jabren (the other 2 names I liked for first names). I had always been under the impression from Jake it was a different name and by different, I mean weird....but it was Wade, so without his consent, I threw that in the mix and the internal debate continued. Then last night, there was reason for the nurses to have check on my a little more often, just my luck, and I reflected a lot on the relationships I have with my family...I was actually feeling great gratitude for Sandra and my mom and all they do to help me and the love that is evident they have for my kiddos. I thought about how special that relationship is with the women in my life and then thought about my brothers and how their relationship is unsurpassable. I know of no other 2 men closer than them. Then my thoughts turned to Jake and although manifest differently the love and relationship he has with his brothers. Then my mind went racing and I pulled out my paper and pen and started writing name options again, weighing in all kinds of family names and thought about my nephew and how Amy, my sister in law manifests her love for Michael , by naming Seth after Michael and his best friend/brother, James. My heart became full and Christopher Wade just felt right. so, my inspiration came from the relationship that I have with my family, especially my sisters and mom, and the bond of my brothers. So, why not, name our second son, after two of the most influential men in his father's life. Will was named after the favorite men in my life. With all of that said, I pray that I have in no way hurt feelings or made anyone feel less important than the other. We are each blessed to come from strong, loving families and both are equally important in the lives of our family and complete it. The names stem from his father's side but the bond or inspiration from mine. Thomas was a family name that could come from both sides and Michael would have come from my brother but I am going out on a limb.

6 comments:

The Muries said...

Congrats!!!

Amy Eaton said...

Can't wait to meet him!

Tiana said...

Love the name! Love the pictures! Love you!!!

Sandra and Brent said...

Hate the name, love the pictures and you.
And BS!

diane said...

I agree with Sandra, I love the baby and I love you I am not keen on the name but he is your baby. He's a cutie....looks like me. He acutally favors Michael.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I just found out today that you had your baby! (I guess that's what happens when one goes out of town for 3 weeks!). Anyway, congratulations! Hope all is well and glad everything is okay! Miss ya!