Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Peace

Last night, I was able to attend a session at the temple and a sealing for a couple in our ward. There are times when I believe the sessions creep by but last night, it went by quickly for me. As I sat through it, I felt complete peace and that was much needed for me. You see, a couple weeks ago, I went through a crazy spell, maybe pregnancy hormones, but nonetheless, a crazy spell and I felt like I failed at many things, including my callings, seeing that I was Primary president for right about a year and released, to be called to Relief Society presidency, and released from Relief Society presidency at right under a year too. I know I did my best but somehow Satan can sneak in and catch us at a weak moment and we allow ourselves to feel diminished. I allowed that to happen for a couple days. The crazy left but being at the temple brought me a new sense of peace that I needed to feel in my life, in general. We have so many things happening in our lives and changes being made this summer that maybe I was experiencing inner stress as well but last night, I knew everything would work out.
On a different note, I took the kids to a little splash park tonight and they enjoyed that. I should have prepared a little for the arrival of out new little one but for some reason, I keep putting it off. It is all still surreal to me, although I could safely deliver at anytime. The poor baby has no where to sleep right now, diapers, or clothes in anything....I am not usually a procrastinator (procrastination is one of my pet peeves) but have literally done nothing. Maybe in my mind, he will not come until things are done. I do not enjoy pregnancy but at the same time I am not ready to have another baby. We did not for see our little summer trials when we conceived and I know bringing another child into the world is a great responsibility and with each child financial obligations increase. However, I also know with each child, love increases and happiness. I wonder my new little man will look like and what disposition he will have. I just hope that I can prepare each of my children to return to our Father in heaven on day, to enjoy life, serve others, see the good in people, and be happy.

2 comments:

Leslie Cosgriff McKinney said...

Dear little Renee,
You know, I love reading about your feelings. I see you as a SUPER-STAR and a spiritual powerhouse and I am sure that Satan tries his hardest with someone like you. You are doing great and it is awesome that another little spirit will have the opportunity to have parents like you two. Trust in the Lord to get you through your summer and beyond. You already do, I know! Love ya!

Diana said...

Hey, I don't get on here very often but I was noticing on my blog that I had invited you and you were about the only one whoever commented on it. Thanks, but would you mind putting a few more on once in a while? It makes me feel loved. :)

Then again, part of that is my fault for not inviting enough people. I'll work on that.