Monday, May 30, 2011

I LOVE Holidays

It does not make a difference what holiday it is...I love holidays. I enjoy dressing my family for the festivities and the family gatherings that usually occur. This past weekend we went to my parents for a small family gathering because some of dad's family was in from out of town. We had planned to go and only stay a couple hours but stayed for almost five hours. Jake even enjoyed it. I loved reminiscing with our cousins about growing up and sharing different memories. I enjoyed watching my kids play with distant cousins and some they had never before me...it was wonderful. This past weekend was exactly how I remember patriotic holidays (Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day) growing up. It was great. The only thing that would have made it better was if all my siblings could have been there.
Earlier before the cook out, we met Papaw at the cemetery to put patriotic torches on a few of the graves. Aubree has been asking to put flowers on them, so she enjoyed it. However, she was very concerned that my Mamaw (Virginia Pauline Litton (Jones)) did not have any, so we went to a nearby store and purchased some flowers and a balloon and went back to the cemetery and put them on the grave. Overall, the day or even the entire holiday weekend has been a good one.

2 comments:

Beke said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. Family gatherings are nice.

The Muries said...

Sounds fun! You look like you are loosing weight way to go!!!