Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My kids are such characters and each have a very unique personality that I adore. This past weekend was general conference and after conference on Sunday, Christopher, the girls, and I drove to Jackson for the evening. On the way down, I was telling the girls that they could attend the college of their choice and that we would support their decision. Aubree especially was very glad to hear this news. She expressed her desire to attend the "brown school", claiming that they were her friends and nice people. It took most of my power not to chuckle out loud. Ginny was not sure where she wanted to go but Utah still sounds pretty good to her. Jake has our entire little family rooting for the Utes. She is very independent. I sent lunch money with her to school this week and wanted to pay for a full week but she had a different idea. She paid for her lunch and a few extra days, bought her some flaming hot cheetos, and then put some change in the fundraiser can for her classroom. As for Jacob William, he has made a little friend in the neighborhood and always tries to go to his house and see if he is home. He also gets very excited when his little friend comes here looking for him. A week or so ago, we did family home evening on putting on the armor of God and he still enjoys wearing his around, although he probably has no remembrance of the lesson. Christopher refuses to let anyone feed him but himself these days and makes quite the mess. He also received his first hair cut on September 30, 2011. However, he still has his little mohawk.....
I have began to notice a pattern that has developed with the men in my house....they all strive to be like the one directly older than them. For example, Jacob William wants to be just like his daddy. Sunday mornings he is insistent about wearing a tie and some Sundays a suit too because his daddy does. Christopher tries to do all that his big brother does and follows him around.
I am 100% okay with this because I am married to a great man and will be very happy if my boys turn out like their daddy. He treats me and the children well. I just hope my boys learn not to procrastinate.

No comments: