Thursday, January 2, 2020

Christmas 2019

Christmas week was overall nice for our family. Christmas Eve day, we delivered 18 plates of cookies to people. The kids delivered about 6 in Bartlett and then the girls and ventured to the branch members to spread some Christmas cheer.  That evening, Jake and I did our annual tradition of booby trapping the house for the kids to get through that morning without waking us to open gifts.  The kids all sleep in the media room and and have to make their way down...I think they quite enjoy it.  The 26th, we went to Jackson to give my dad part of his gift, which was 4 hours of service (he was also getting a recording but that was not scheduled until 12/27).  The next day, we went to Americana Recording studio and recorded two songs for our parents.  The first was "I heard the bells on Christmas Day" by Casting Crows, where Ginny and Jake both played the piano and the other kids did the vocals and then "You Say" by Lauren Diagle, where Jake played and Aubree sang. Aubree's voice seemed a little off that day, maybe nerves or maybe using the microphone but both songs will always be beautiful to me because it is my babies.  Jake also threw his back out, which was fun times for me trying to take down Christmas decor, especially the lights on the house before rain hit and stayed before leaving for Texas.  I took down all the exterior on Friday night (12/27) and then Saturday, Aubree and I did the outside...going up the ladder was so scary and even when it was Aubree that climbed up, I was nervous and scared.






No comments: