Sunday, January 5, 2020

This guy...

This guy...let me briefly tell you about this guy. He just completed his EdS degree, while working full time, and being a devoted dad.

But that’s just the beginning.

Jake is a true educator. I spend hours with him daily as he looks for ways to help and encourage others, especially his students. I do not think I have ever met a more devoted educator. You would think after teaching as many years as he has that he’d have everything but nope, each year he modifies previous things or creates all new materials for his students, especially for his IEP students. He looks for ways to reach all of them and help them see their potential.

But that's not all.

Jake serves diligently in his church callings and does whatever he is asked to do in them or wherever it may lead us. He takes the time to get to know the young men, reaching out to those who do not attend so they know they are missed.

But that's not all.

Jake is supportive. He supported me as I obtained a degree and furthered/advanced it this year. He decided to also go back to school and we were both enrolled at the same time. There were times, where he handled things so I could complete a paper. There were also times towards the end of finishing his degree (he officially graduated in December), he sacrificed doing things he enjoyed to meet deadlines and completed it. He has graduated yet again with a 4.0.

But that's not all.

Despite being crazy busy with school and work, Jake still finds the time to remind me of my worth and to enjoy the kids. He takes the time to play games with them, to help with homework, and attend their miscellaneous functions. Somehow he can also manage to find time to take the girls to bath and body works (yep, I’m sure that’s his favorite), grace us with his piano skills, and play ball with the boys.
 
But that’s not all.

Jake will drop things at a moments notice to drive hours, or hop on a plane to be their for family in times of need, regardless of the cost or other things going on. He will make whatever sacrifice required to be a devoted brother and son.
I can't say enough good things about him! He still managed to make family a top priority while finishing his degree. He is our rockstar! Jake is our (the kids and I) person. We love him.

No comments: