Sunday, January 26, 2020

I have good children.....

          Aubree has a love for theatre and acting. She jumps at each opportunity to participate and does well. She placed third this weekend in her impromptu competition.  It was local, only about a 1/2 hour a way so I was fortunate enough to be able to go watch her after she made finals.  She is a hoot!  Yesterday, I felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to accomplish the things I needed to and for my kids but I want them to always know that I did what I could and was there for them.  They need to know they are important and a priority in my life.
          Today, Jake did not attend church because he was not feeling well and I had a unit conference, so I gave the girls to choice to attend the branch or our old ward (which is closer than the branch) and they chose to attend the branch. Although either choice would have been well because they were attending church, my heart smiled seeing their commitment to serve where they have been asked to serve.
         This past week, I felt that things are not as well in our home as they could be.  Jake has went to the gym three nights this past week and joined Bartlett Rec on Monday night to try it out and they offer early morning classes which as hard as it is to get up is a better fit for our family dynamics and to accomplish the nightly responsibilities and spend time with the kids.  It is not ideal but we will see if it can work.  Jake is also looking into day trading, I am not a fan of risks and think this a huge risk.  I am not sure I am okay with the idea of acquiring debt to do something where everything could be lost in one day.  I trust Jake and really, really, want to be supportive but feel it necessary to express my concerns.  He does not like to hear that.  I do not want him to believe that I do not believe in him or "squash his dreams" but want us to be wise. Then other parts of me are reminded that in life, we must choose our battles. As I sat in sacrament today, I was reminded of the role the atonement can play in the lives of sinners and in the lives of Saints.  I had never thought of the enabling power of the atonement as the strength to accomplish all you need to. And in young women's, as I listened and though more about it, I realized that I must prioritize God and things will fall into place. I must make the time and small changes to show my love for the Savior and Heavenly Father and to draw me closer to them and as I do, all will be okay. I will be strengthened and carried.  I share that because maybe if I focus more on the spiritual aspects of it, things in my house will begin to fall back into place or the things missing in my life will be fulfilled.  I must trust, hope, and persevere.  
Just a typical afternoon after school...
School selfie to Aubree while she was at Thescon Conference

Aubree has a love for reading too

Ginny is beginning to collect books for her own place one day...not sure how I feel about this
Forensics competition group. (Aubree is in 2nd row on the end in the black and white shirt).
Family photos taken while in Texas on 1/4/2020

Our family with Grammy and Papa (Jake's parents)
Jake with his parents and siblings

 

No comments: