Sunday, November 28, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving

The best part of Thanksgiving this year was our Ginny coming home. She arrived Tuesday afternoon and within an hour of her getting home, we headed to Hot Springs to meet some (Chris & Chrytal, Megan & Blake, Sarah & David, and Lynn & Tommie) for Thanksgiving. As we were driving up, Jake and I said it felt nice to have our little crew all in the same car again. Our family had the fun opportunuty to stay in a yurt...I say fun except for the part there was no bathroom in it andwalking out at 4:00 am in the dark cold night was not always fun. It was also nice to get home and spend Saturday together. Sometimes, I feel out of place with Jake's family and that I am not part of it, just tolerated for his sake. I know that I too contribute by not making more of an effort nad there is no excuse but I honestly do not know where or how to start. I have texted but they are not repsonded too and I invite over and over to visit but that too does not work... and we do not have the ability to travel frequently and invite. I really just pray that my children know and feel loved by both sides of he family and know that I always tried. On a different note, Jake had his first bishop's youth meeting at the house the Sunday before Thanksgvign and he had 24 youth in attendance. The youth are so lucky to have him!

No comments: